Gluten Free Sada Roti
This gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free parsad recipe provides a wholesome alternative to the traditional parsad recipe.
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3 cups coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or other alternative sweeteners
- ½ cup non dairy butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins rinsed
Combine milk, sugar, butter, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract and raisins in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium heat
While milk mixture is coming to a boil, add a pan to medium heat and bring up to temperature
When pan is hot add flour and toast/parch (continuously stirring to avoid burning) until flour is light brown in color.
Then add the milk and raisins mixture to the flour and mix until completely combined
Next reduce heat to low and continue stirring mixture until thick and smooth
Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving