During the summer months, I love to make large batches of my favorite drinks for any and all gatherings and events. This is one of the crowd favorites. And it is so easy to make that I just had to share the recipe with all of you.
What you will need
For my rum punch I combine three fruits juices in equal parts: pineapple, orange and guava (called POG in Hawaii). These juices give the drink an amazing tropical flavor. Then I add a simple syrup, grenadine and rum. That's it. You can also skip the simple syrup if you like a not so sweet cocktail.
Make a garnish
I love making colorful garnishes for cocktails. For this one I used a slice of mango, a beautiful strawberry and a leaf from a pineapple crown. But really you can use anything. A cherry could easily replace the strawberry here, a slice of orange and a piece of pineapple would also be great. Play around, have some fun, but keep it bright and colorful!
The Printable Caribbean Rum Punch Recipe:
Printable Recipe Card
Caribbean Rum Punch
- 4 cups of pineapple juice
- 4 cups of orange juice
- *You may also use pineapple-orange juice
- 4 cups of guava juice or nectar
- ¼ cup of grenadine
- 2 cups of dark spiced rum
- Lots of ice
- 1 orange sliced into wedges to add to the batch
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- A maraschino cherry
- small slice of orange rind on
- A strawberry
- A slice of mango skin on
Make the simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan on medium heat combine water and sugar
- Bring up to a boil, then boil until sugar completely dissolves, then remove from the heat and set aside
Make the punch:
- Combine, the pineapple, orange and guava juices into a large pitcher or jug
- Then add the grenadine, simple syrup and rum
- Mix together well then add the orange wedges
- Serve over ice and with any of the individual garnishes above
Best drink, hands down.