Jerk Chicken Wings are a great idea no matter what’s going on in the world. I had a 1/2 jar of my homemade Whole30 Jerk Seasoning in the refrigerator from a few weeks ago when I made jerk chicken breasts. And when I went to my local wholesale club to stock up on food supplies for this period of social distancing, it seemed no one was fussing over the chicken wings, so I grabbed a few packets. I marinated the chicken wings in the Jerk Seasoning and baked it in the oven. My kids gave it two thumbs and two toes up! They’ve taken to rating my dishes, lately. I’ll tell you guys on Instagram when it gets a thumbs down or half up and half down as Andrew likes to sometimes rate things!
Seasoning the chicken wings
For this dish, I only used my homemade Whole30 friendly Jerk Seasoning and some salt. Letting the chicken marinate for a few hours was definitely the key to getting the best flavor to the bone experience.
Cooking the Wings
For this recipe I baked the wings in the oven for a total of one hour. However, in the past I’ve broiled the wings for about 30 minutes on a baking rack both methods produce similar results. Broiling requires the use of a baking rack and is faster. Click here to see which baking rack I use when I am broiling the wings. If you would like to broil the wings instead of baking, broil at 500°F for 30 minutes, on the top rack in the oven.
See below for the full recipe and tips for baking the wings. When the wings were almost done baking, I brushed them with some jerk seasoning that I had reserved and baked them for 10 more minutes before removing from the oven and serving them up.
These wings were tender and juicy with lots of jerk flavor. I made them mild because my children do not like spicy, but you can increase the heat by adding more pepper to your seasoning or even sprinkling cayenne pepper on the wings before you add the jerk marinate.
The Printable Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe Card
- 2 lb of chicken wings
- ½ cup of Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of white vinegar (for washing the wings)
- Cooking spray
- If you bought whole wings, cut wings into 3 pieces by cutting at the joints and discard the wing tips
- Soak the wings in the vinegar for about 15 minutes then rinse clean
- Pat dry then sprinkle with salt
- Next add the jerk seasoning and spread liberally over all the wings, reserving about 2 tablespoons of seasoning. Making sure that they are well coated with the jerk seasoning
- Marinate overnight for best results or for at least 30 minutes if you are short on time
- When ready to bake, Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Place wings in a single layer on a greased (sprayed with cooking spray) baking sheet
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 30 minutes
- Then flip the wings over and bake for another 20 minutes
- Next brush wings with reserved jerk seasoning and let bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving
Love Jerk Chicken? Try these other Jerk Chicken Recipes:
Find all of my Whole30 Recipes Here